From computers and televisions, to automobiles and kitchen appliances, PCBs are found in nearly every aspect of our lives-- many of our devices would not be possible without them. They are the brains of our electronics, and as such, it is of the utmost importance to do everything in our power to ensure our designs are protected from potentially catastrophic threats. Proper routing and schematics, component placement, and special attention to grounds to minimize the risk of ESD damage goes a long way to ensuring your PCB design maintains its efficiency and lifespan.
Click the PDF above to read more about PCB design techniques for ESD protection in this presentation.
Or view the original content here:
- The Correct PCB Routing and PCB Layout to Help Protect Your board from ESD
- Protecting your PCB from ESD using transient voltage suppressors
- How parasitic inductance can impact your ESD protection
- Using grounding to protect your PCB from ESD damage
- How Component Placement and Routing Helps Protect Your PCB from ESD