We’ve collected everything published this week to bring our readers resources to read, watch and listen to all in one place. On the Podcast we introduced a new format so we can invite engineer Ben Jordan on the show more often to take questions from the audience. We also have new articles on the blog and several new videos all about Altium 365.
This OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
This week on the OnTrack Podcast, Judy Warner and Ben Jordan pulled a question from the Altiumlive forum and discussed library management in context for small businesses and independent contractors. Take a listen and let us know what questions you have. We want to make sure we cover information PCB designers can use, on the job, today - so write in and let us know what burning questions you have about PCB design and fabrication. You can submit your questions on the AltiumLive forum, and sign up to be part of the community. Or email your questions directly to us.
You can also listen to the podcast on all your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
Articles on the PCB Design Blog
We have a new expert series on the PCB Design Blog; we’ve collaborated with industry experts to bring you the best information in PCB design. Check out the new content on the blog this week:
- Impedance and PCB Etching: Utilizing Altium Designer for Your Board Needs
- Comparing Electronic Prices with Supply Chain Visibility
- Carry Propagation Delay in High Speed Data Processing
- Board Verification and Analysis: Comparing the Desktop and the Cloud
Altium Videos on YouTube
Check out this collection of clips from the Altium 365 presentation at AltiumLive Munich, now live on the Altium Youtube Channel:
- Leigh Gawne Introducing Altium 365
- Workspaces And Projects In Altium 365
- Layout Support In Altium 365
- Altium 365: Leigh Gawne On Collaboration And Communication
- BOM Management In Altium 365
- Leigh Gawne On Altium 365's BOM Analyzer
- Altium 365 Connecting Designers And Manufacturers
- Using Altium 365 On An Ipad
- Leigh Gawne On Collaboration Between ECAD And MCAD
- A Glimpse Into The Future Of Hardware Design
Or watch the whole keynote presentation on the Altium Resource Hub.
New this week in the Altium Designer Youtube Channel:
- How to Switch Layers During Routing
- Differential Pair Glossing in Altium Designer
- Advanced Layer Stack Manager in Altium Designer
Did you know, there is also an Altium Academy Channel. Watch the Getting Started with Altium Designer playlist, a helpful series if you are just getting started with Altium Designer software. While you’re there, please remember to subscribe!
Reminder: February Webinars
There is one more Live Webinar scheduled this month. Register today: The Art Of Defining The Layer Stack For A Multi-layer High-speed Pcb or sign up for live and on-demand webinars across all regions and languages here.
Try Altium Designer, Because...
We know that if you’re designing a high speed, high frequency or mixed signal board, you’ll need to pay careful attention to the impedance of your traces while routing. Impedance mismatch between sources and loads can lead to signal problems that compromise data integrity and lead to noise in your board. Who wants to work out the impedance of every trace configuration by hand? Instead of using paper and pencil, you can take advantage of the rules-driven environment in Altium Designer to ensure your traces are routed with the right impedance.
Sign up and try Altium Designer 19 today.