This week HDI expert Happy Holden reported on an important issue related to the upcoming IPC-6012E, Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards in his article, The IPC Warning About Microvia Reliability for High Performance Products. Learn more about this warning regarding field and latent failures of high-profile HDI boards and what you can do if you want to get involved or get more information. Access Happy’s article and more in this week’s digest.
Expert Articles on the PCB Design Blog
Check out the new content on the blog this week:
- The IPC Warning About Microvia Reliability for High Performance Products - by Happy Holden
- SAP and mSAP in Flexible Circuit Fabrication - by Tara Dunn
- Interplane Capacitance and PCB Stackups - by Lee Ritchey
- Guard Traces: Hit or Myth? - by Kella Knack
- Removing Noise From Analog Signals in Your PCB - by Zachariah Peterson
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
Meet Alun Morgan in this week’s episode of the OnTrack Podcast. As Technology Ambassador for Ventec, a world leader in the production of high quality, high performance copper clad laminates and prepregs, Alun interacts with customers around the world promoting Ventec materials. Learn about FR-4, the difference between different composites and how to choose materials. You can also see Alun’s AltiumLive Munich presentation to learn more about PCB base material properties.
You can also listen to the podcast and catch up on previous episodes on any of your favorite podcast apps including Podbean and iTunes. Remember to subscribe and write a review if you like it! And if you can’t find us, let us know!
Live Webinars in April
Take a look at all the Live Webinars scheduled for this month, and take your Altium ® Skills up to the next level:
- Altium 19: Draftsman® Improvements - April 9th
- Altium 19: Easy, Modern And Powerful Pcb Design - April 16th
- Advanced Layer Stack Management The Art Of Defining The Layer Stack - April 18th
Or sign up for on-demand webinars across all regions and languages here.
Altium Videos on YouTube
New this week in the Altium Youtube Channel learn more about multi-board design and using ® :
- How to Create Object Smart Mates?
- How to Create a New Multi-board Project?
- How to Quickly Create a Title Block in
Call for Writers and Content Contributors
If you or someone you know has the expertise to contribute, please reach out and let us know. We would be delighted to connect and thank you in advance for your time. Or consider joining our team; check out the career section of our website to learn about our culture and open positions.
Team Up and Save
Get Special Savings When You Add a New Altium Seat