When it comes to designing high voltage PCBs, it's important to ensure your layout is able to control and optimize electric field strengths for optimal operation and longevity. While the manufacturing process of high voltage PCBs remains similar to that of normal PCBs, careful attention to the materials you use, as well as their properties, are crucial to success. A thorough understanding of spacing rules, clearances, operating frequencies, and tried-and-true design techniques will go a long way in avoiding setbacks and potential challenges.
Click the PDF above to read more about High Voltage PCB Design in this presentation.
Or view the original content here:
- How to Plan Your PCB Layout for a High Voltage Design
- Why Designing A High Voltage PCB for Rapid Prototyping is More Effective Than Rushing to Form Factor
- High Voltage PCB Design: Creepage and Clearance Distance
- Considerations for designing a high voltage PCB
- High Voltage PCB Design for Arc Prevention: How to Manage Pads and Traces
- High Voltage PCB Design Tips: Materials for High Voltage PCBs
Check out the High Voltage PCB Design Ebook for a more detailed and downloadable version of this material.