Overview: Duane Benson from Screaming Circuits shares DFA Tips and a piece of history as he shares the story behind the scenes in developing quick turn prototypes. Listen to learn how one entrepreneur brought fresh perspective to the business that led to great success. And see why Screaming Circuits is uniquely positioned to handle all the leading edge components that PCB designers have available.
- Screaming Circuits was founded on the premise to get prototypes built quickly. It was a struggle to get small volume prototypes built and a market need was discovered.
- For prototyping - going abroad invites its own set of risks.
- A traditionally 6-8 week process, Screaming Circuits does in hours.
- We don’t specialize in a vertical industry, so we see a lot of the leading edge components.
- Layout isn’t taught in schools or its self taught. The experts who knew how to make layouts work perfectly have retired.
- We built a business around stuff being wrong. Stuff isn’t going to be right when it arrives to us and we have to fix it.
- Why are we having a problem sourcing parts?
- Personal interests? Photography and decaying industrialism.
Links and Resources:
Downloadable Circuit Talk
Screaming Circuits on Youtube
About the Author
Judy Warner has held a unique variety of roles in the electronics industry since 1984. She has a deep background in PCB Manufacturing, RF and Microwave PCBs and Contract Manufacturing with a focus on Mil/Aero applications in technical sales and marketing. She has been a blogger, writer, contributor and journalist for several industry publications such as Microwave Journal, The PCB Magazine, The PCB Design Magazine, PDCF&A and IEEE Microwave Magazine and is an active member of multiple IPC Designers Council chapters. In March 2017, Warner became the Director of Community Engagement for Altium and was immediately tasked with the launch of Altium’s monthly On Track Newsletter. She was also instrumental in launching AltiumLive 2017: Annual PCB Design Summit in San Diego and Munich, a newly founded annual Altium User Conference. Her passion is providing resources, supporting and advocating for PCB Designers around the world and acting as brand ambassador for Altium.Follow on Twitter More Content by Judy Warner