Meet Andy Shaughnessy, Managing Editor of iConnect007’s Design007 Magazine and learn all about AltiumLive 2018: Annual PCB Design Summit as he interviews Judy Warner in this special bonus episode of the OnTrack Podcast. Learn everything there is to know about AltiumLive from Judy and Andy and find out what Altium has planned for the PCB design community.
- We want to provide an event that is for designers, provide resources to designers hard-pressed for time.
- Speakers: Eric Bogatin of Teledyne LeCroy and Rick Hartley are two industry gurus. Jeremy Blum, young designer who was at GoogleX, now Shaper Tools - CNC Router (system has 11 circuit boards). Bil Herd, former Commodore engineer, who was really at the start of the industry.
- Feedback from last year: people wanted more about Altium Designer. So for this year, we added a day before the conference on October 3rd for the University Day / Training for Altium Designer and in parallel.
- We also are featuring a high speed day taught by Lee Ritchey in parallel to university day.
- The Robot build and battle was very popular last year. We just thought - Let them build robots!
- There isn’t a place for PCB Designers - we wanted to make that conference.
- Our goal is to build a design community. Altium’s long-term plan is to build some continuity between design and assembly. Our ultimate goal is to support the community that can open up this dialogue.
Links and Resources:
Meet the Keynotes at AltiumLive 2018
REGISTER for AltiumLive 2018: Annual PCB Design Summit
About the Author
Judy Warner has held a unique variety of roles in the electronics industry since 1984. She has a deep background in PCB Manufacturing, RF and Microwave PCBs and Contract Manufacturing with a focus on Mil/Aero applications in technical sales and marketing. She has been a blogger, writer, contributor and journalist for several industry publications such as Microwave Journal, The PCB Magazine, The PCB Design Magazine, PDCF&A and IEEE Microwave Magazine and is an active member of multiple IPC Designers Council chapters. In March 2017, Warner became the Director of Community Engagement for Altium and was immediately tasked with the launch of Altium’s monthly On Track Newsletter. She was also instrumental in launching AltiumLive 2017: Annual PCB Design Summit in San Diego and Munich, a newly founded annual Altium User Conference. Her passion is providing resources, supporting and advocating for PCB Designers around the world and acting as brand ambassador for Altium.Follow on Twitter More Content by Judy Warner