Invest in Your Career: Take Time to Explore and Be Creative
Get out (or online) and learn! This episode with Tomas Chester is all about engaging and contributing to the design community. He shares with us his motivation to self-educate and how he invests in his career through a dedicated effort to connect with the engineering community. Tomas shares how to make the most of your learning style and utilize educational resources.
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- Tomas shares the challenges, opportunities, and what motivates him to contribute to the design community in forums and social media.
- Get to know your learning style and design style.
- The welcome road to becoming an Altium Designer Beta group contributor and an Altium Certified Instructor
- Essentials vs Advanced Course. Utilizing available resources such as Altium Academy and YouTube Channel, free training, Altium documentation on the website.
- “Playing” with your tools, and learning from your coworkers
- Time constraints crowd out time for education but carve out time anyways
- Always explore available resources: PCB West, Design Con, Embedded World, YouTube, EIPC, Trade associations, PCEA
- AltiumLive: Tool Training and Principles-based
Links and Resources: