Unleashing your High Density PCB Designs
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- Understanding Semi Additive Process (SAP) and Modified Semi Additive Process (MSAP)
- MSAP isn’t new, but it’s growing to adoption, what’s driving that?
- What makes MSAP especially applicable now?
- Benefits of Laser Direct Imaging (LDI) for PCB designers and manufacturers
- What are the design implications and benefits? What exactly can you do with it?
- The methods/materials used for this technology?
- Chemical Technology, Averatec
- Ultra-thin copper, Insulectro
Links and Resources:
Risk Vs. Reward During the recent IPC APEX expo, there was a lot of discussion about SAP, or semi-additive PCB processes. As with any new technology in PCB manufacturing, there were people that are excited to jump right in and start designing with much finer feature sizes and work through the inevitable changes to the traditional thought process. Others are in a let’s wait and see mode and of course there are a few skeptics there as well. There were a few stand Read Article
PCB Creator's Digital Library Management for Circuit Boards: More Than a Few Shelves When you hear the word “components”, it’s natural to think about ICs, LEDs, resistors, and all the other electronic hardware that goes into building a PCB. But in terms of PCB design software, there is a lot of information that goes into any component. Every component has an associated symbol, footprint, pin arrangement, and other properties that are used by your PCB design software. With so many components available on the market and with Read Article