Altium Senior Technical Marketing Engineer, David Marrakchi is here on the show to talk about Altium 19. This latest release is part two of three major releases Altium has planned to level up high-speed design capabilities. As an engineer who likes to wear multiple hats - and with experience in the field as an Electrical Engineer - David has done it all from developing requirements to schematic capture and PCB layout, across industries including home automation, military, and medical. Now he is bringing his rich skillset to the intersection of innovation and implementation by helping people understand Altium and how to get the most out of the PCB design tools, easily and in the least amount of time. David is an inside expert on Altium sharing his expertise on the overall processes of PCB design and product realization; playing a major role in creating product demonstrations, webinars, whiteboard videos, and interactive articles that illuminate the processes of printed circuit board manufacturing.
Listen to the Podcast:Download this episode (right click and save)
Watch the Video:
What’s new in Altium 19?
High Speed Design Features: What they are and how do they help designers?
- Advanced Layer Stack Management: Impedance solver, material (vast array, pre-defined) and microvia support. Very important for tracks carrying high speed signals.
- Micro via (more info in the Interactive Routing webinar)
- Impedance modeling
- Material values - (there are always new materials coming out!)
New Part Search:
- Find a part that both meets requirements and that is also available!
- Search and filter with parametric information - global parametric supplier search. i.e. size, package, height, frequency, stock, model, and compare two .
- New follow mode (allows for locking i.e. curves)
- HOTKEY / SHORTCUT: ctrl+f to lock to contour
Trace Glossing Improvements:
Check out this Podcast with Tactotek to learn more.
Altium has a culture that embraces a mindset of continual “Relentless Innovation”
Some users say they’d rather us fix more bugs--why do we choose to continually innovate?
What value do you think this commitment to innovation provides to our users and the design community as a whole?
If you are new to Altium , we invite you to get behind the wheel and take it for a test drive and see why Altium has become the fastest growing PCB Design company in the world. Just try it.
Links and Resources:
Trade In Your Outdated PCB Design Tool & Unlock 45% OFF Altium today!
Or click here to access the Altium Free Trial Today.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Judy Warner