Overview: More than ever, people are doing Flex and Rigid Flex for the very first time as industries drive for smaller, more user-friendly devices. Join Altium's Judy Warner and OmniPCB CEO, Tara Dunn for a conversation on industry trends and cost drivers.
- What is driving growth in the market? Space, weight, packaging.
- Flex is everywhere especially handhelds and medical devices, uptick in flex and rigid flex PCB across every industry.
- Three main cost drivers for Flex and Rigid Flex: Materials selection, Panel utilization and Technology.
- And a fourth consideration - understanding your fabricator capabilities and making sure you’re matching your design to their capabilities.
- Most common materials: copper and polymide.
Links and Resources: