John Watson and his team of 50 PCB designers at Legrand are beta partners in using Altium Nexus, the new Altium solution that takes Altium Designer and pumps it up with a healthy dose of project management capabilities. Find out why John is more excited about Altium Nexus than Altium Designer 18, and how he and his team have combat rogue libraries to tighten process and improve quality.
- Defining Your Design Process: What?, How?, Why?
- 5 mil boards was once amazing but now… old news
- Getting Parts You Can Trust
- Project Management in Altium Nexus - Streamlining and auditing processes
- Increasing the reliability of the design.
- LeGrand closes the loop - did we accomplish the why and what?
- AltiumLive is where you rub shoulders with leaders in the industry; 2 days of great learning.
- Passing the Torch - There is a concern that there are more jobs than there are designers.
Links and Resources:
PCB Design: Prototyping and the PCB Design Flow (National Instruments White Paper)
Favourite White Papers
Best PCB Design Books
Printed Circuit Handbook by Coombs & Holden
High Speed Digital Designs: A Handbook of Black Magic by Howard Johnson and Martin Graham
About the Author
Judy Warner has held a unique variety of roles in the electronics industry since 1984. She has a deep background in PCB Manufacturing, RF and Microwave PCBs and Contract Manufacturing with a focus on Mil/Aero applications in technical sales and marketing. She has been a blogger, writer, contributor and journalist for several industry publications such as Microwave Journal, The PCB Magazine, The PCB Design Magazine, PDCF&A and IEEE Microwave Magazine and is an active member of multiple IPC Designers Council chapters. In March 2017, Warner became the Director of Community Engagement for Altium and was immediately tasked with the launch of Altium’s monthly On Track Newsletter. She was also instrumental in launching AltiumLive 2017: Annual PCB Design Summit in San Diego and Munich, a newly founded annual Altium User Conference. Her passion is providing resources, supporting and advocating for PCB Designers around the world and acting as brand ambassador for Altium.Follow on Twitter More Content by Judy Warner