A Message from Altium on COVID-19
At Altium, the health and well-being of our employees, customers, partners, and communities are our top priority. We understand the concerns and uncertainty you may be experiencing surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), and our team remains committed to being responsive to the needs of our community as the situation evolves.
We are taking several precautionary measures to minimize the potential impact of coronavirus to our communities and our business.
We understand that many of you, like ourselves, have transitioned to working remotely. This process comes with its challenges and we would like to offer all and any help we can to minimize disruptions for your teams and business including:
- We will continue to provide the highest quality of support to our users and don’t anticipate any disruption or delay in service. Our global service levels and R&D efforts are not impacted by the current situation.
- We realize that these extraordinary circumstances may create monetary constraints and other limitations for many of our users. We are ready to accommodate with payment terms and flexible pricing options, please contact us if you need further information.
- To help you and your team stay productive while working remotely we are making the following steps:
- On-Demand Licensing: We are waiving all fees for users who need to convert their Altium Designer licenses to on-demand type (this license type allows you to access your licenses from anywhere in the world with no need to VPN into your company’s network), please contact your account manager or the Altium office in your region.
- Cloud Hosting and Collaboration:
- If you own any of Altium server products hosted on-premise (Altium Vault, Concord Pro), you can switch to hosting it on Altium 365 cloud platform completely free of charge. The cloud hosting option combines the data management capabilities of the on-premises solution with the flexibility and accessibility of the cloud. A dedicated team of Altium product experts will help you to re-host your data and get up and running as fast as possible.Please contact our Product team directly at product(at)altium.com if you would like to learn more about this option.
- If you are looking for more effective ways to collaborate with your teams and partners while working remotely, we are waiving a significant part of our fees on our component management product - Concord Pro hosted on Altium 365 cloud platform, and providing a dedicated service to get you up and running with this solution. You can get immediate access for one month by requesting a free trial here.
- Training materials: we understand that now is a good time to catch up on the learning materials, and with this in mind we will be launching free virtual training (stay tuned for updates) and are also publishing new content every day through our new learning platform within Altium Designer 20 (learn more here).
We are focusing on keeping our staff safe and productive through this challenging period and are taking the following steps:
- All business travel is restricted through April 17.
- All our offices worldwide, with the exception of China, have switched to working remotely until April 17th. Our operations in China are gradually coming back to normal.
- We are making sure our employees working from home have the right tools and technology needed to remain connected and productive.
- We are working with local communities in the countries we operate in and are supporting our employees across the globe (including crowdsourcing and shipping critical supplies to our offices most affected by the epidemic).
Thank you for being a valued user and member of our community and we are here to assist you as we continue to monitor this quickly evolving situation.