Altium Vault 2.5 Now Available
Table of Contents
We’re excited to announce the release of Altium Vault® 2.5, with a number of new features for component management, data management, project collaboration, and infrastructure management. Read on to explore all of the new features!
We’re excited to announce the release of Altium 2.5, available now exclusively for all Altium Subscription customers.
Altium 2.5 gives you more precise control over your data management process, with a number of new features that allow you to easily search, update, and manage your design data in more efficient ways.
With updates to every major category, there’s a new feature for all of your data management needs. Let’s explore what’s inside.
- Lifecycle Change Approvals. Your lifecycle approval process is more efficient than ever. Lifecycle changes can now be controlled by designers with granted permission, or an approval-driven process allows regular users to submit lifecycle changes requests to be approved by managers.
- Component Update Notifications. Save time updating components in Altium Designer® when footprints or symbols are modified in "Your". Notifications alert you when footprints or symbols for components have been updated in Altium, allowing you to instantly sync your board design with current data.
- Centralized Component Templates. Ensure that your component libraries and all standardized and accurate in adherence with your company’s best practices with component templates. Easily create and define new component templates with specific parameter data, and then use these templates in your component to easily define the structure of future components.
- Automated Project Notifications. Stay informed about all of the latest changes to your projects with automated email notifications. Easily subscribe to specific projects or components that you need to be in the know about, and get emails right when changes happen.
- Binary File Storage. Keep all of your design data organized and under one central location in the Altium. You can now easily store all past projects and documentation data in your, even data not generated by Altium, keeping all your projected related data within easy reach.
- Advanced Rights Management. Save time on your data management process by delegating admin-specific operations to trusted colleagues. Grant or restrict admin-specific operations to regular users as needed to keep your design process running smoothly.
Explore all of the new features being added in Altium 2.5 on the What’s New page.
Ready to upgrade? Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Backup your data
3. Run the installer on your Server machine
If you’re not an Altium customer, then now is a great time to tap into these new features. Give us a call now to get started.