Announcements: Altium Vault 2.0
Table of Contents
We’re very pleased to announce the release of Altium Vault® 2.0. This release represents a big step forward for our collaboration and ECAD data management product family.
Considerable effort has been placed on streamlining the experience as much as possible to make daily work with it more efficient and productive.
- Integrated SVN services with the . Design repositories can be hosted by server itself, using the to manage access control and broadcast user status.
- File-less editing of items. Items hosted in the can be edited directly without the need to download, and then release manually.
- items are now available from the panel. Making them fast to browse, search and place in a design.
- Huge improvements to the CmpLib editor aimed at making it faster and easier to create components for the .
Alongside these enhancements, we’re adding powerful collaboration and team centric features:
- Managed Projects. Design teams can collaborate on designs in real time, using predefined project templates and centralized storage.
- Network Installation Service. Altium Designer® Installations and Altium extensions can be managed and deploy from a single, central location.
- Backup and restoration tools.
With these updates and new features, we’ve decided to simplify the licensing for Altium 2.0 by creating 3 distinct editions aimed at people working with components and libraries, small design workgroups and large enterprise set-ups.
For organisations using the Altium Server (and / or Team Configuration Center) with subscription, we will supply you with an upgrade to relevant Altium 2.0. Please feel free to get in touch with your Sales and Support Center for help with obtaining the upgrade.
For the time being the Personal Server will remain available to subscription customers in its current version through our Legacy products download page. However moving forward there will be no further development.