DesignCon 2020’s ‘Engineer of the Year’ Talks Power Integrity, Picosatellites, and Simulation Tools
Istvan Novak, Principal Signal and Power Integrity Engineer for Samtec Inc. and winner of the DesignCon 2020 Engineer of the Year Award joins the OnTrack podcast to talk about picosatellites, simulation tools, and the rising importance of power integrity.
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- Introduction to Istvan Novak
- A brief look at Samtec Inc., the successful computer equipment manufacturing company headquartered in Indiana.
- Istvan’s path to becoming a Power Integrity expert
- CubeSats and the students who make them
- The challenges of dimensionality: has power integrity become more important than signal integrity?
- When Power Integrity is an afterthought
- The value of expert disagreement
- “Regardless of what we want to simulate, we can find good simulation tools to do it”: Good design and the challenges of modeling and simulation
- Closing thoughts; the first working Picosatellite; and the first electrosmog map of the globe
Links and Resources:
Istvan Novak on LinkedIn
Samtec: gEEk spEEk SI Webinars
Samtec Silicon-to-Silcon Solutions Website
The SI-List Archives
Istvan Novak: DesignCon 2020 Engineer of the Year Award
Budapest University of Technology and Economics Picosatellite
Istvan Novak's Electrical Integrity Website
Signal Integrity Journal
Design 007 Magazine, see pg. 38: Do you Really Need that Ferrite Bead in the PDN?
First Electrosmog Map of the globe
Now you can get the ultimate PCB design productivity with the easiest platform for PCB design. Easily communicate design changes to your team with Altium 365.