Eric Bogatin Debunks Common Misconceptions About Transmission Lines
Signal integrity expert, Dr. Eric Bogatin, has a new book whose mission is to establish a solid educational foundation in the essential principles of signal interaction with transmission lines. The multimedia eBook, Bogatin’s Practical Guide to Transmission Line Design and Characterization for Signal Integrity Application, is currently available from Artech House and can also be found on Amazon.
Dr. Bogatin is Signal Integrity Evangelist at Teledyne LeCroy, a leading provider of oscilloscopes, protocol analyzers, and test and measurement solutions. He joins the OnTrack Podcast to discuss his book and give us a sneak peak of his upcoming AltiumLive panel with Istvan Novak, Heidi Barnes of Keysight, and Steve Sandler of Picotest.
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- In addition to so much else, Eric Bogatin is a science fiction author! Check out his books Shadow Engineer, and S is for Space
- An overview of Eric’s new multimedia eBook, ‘Bogatin’s Practical Guide to Transmission Line Design and Characterization for Signal Integrity Application’
- ”I think the most confusing topic out there...is transmission lines”; how Eric’s book builds a solid foundation for anyone seeking clarification on transmission lines.
- Clarifying engineering’s most confusing issues
- Teledyne LeCroy’s new TDR calculator
- The practical nature of transmission lines: common misconceptions among engineers
- Embedded videos, demos, and calculations: how Eric’s multimedia book provides an interactive experience
- Hard copies, soft copies, ALL the copies: how and where to find Eric’s book(s)
- AltiumLive announcement
- The plain truth about split ground planes: Eric provides a sneak peak of his upcoming AltiumLive panel with Istvan Novak, Heidi Barnes of Keysight, and Steve Sandler of Picotest.
- ”There’s one case where you wanna use a split ground plane...”: Eric previews his upcoming demo on crosstalk reduction
Links and Resources:
Eric Bogatin on LinkedIn
Bogatin’s Practical Guide to Transmission Line Design and Characterization for Signal Integrity Applications
Artech House Publishers
Eric Bogatin Author Page on Amazon
Shadow Engineer (Fiction Scifi book by Eric Bogatin)
S is for Space (2nd Scifi book by Eric Bogatin)
Teledyne LeCroy Website
Signal Integrity Journal
Podcast Episode: Signal Integrity Evangelist Eric Bogatin, our Expert Insider to DesignCon 2020
Now you can get the ultimate PCB design productivity with the easiest platform for PCB design. Easily communicate design changes to your team with Altium 365.