Insertion Loss is a Complex Issue: John Coonrod is Here to Explain It
The OnTrack Podcast welcomes John Coonrod back to the show. John is Technical Marketing Manager at Rogers Corporation and a senior engineering professional with a rich background in PCB design, fabrication, processing, and modeling. John also has extensive experience with circuit materials, making him the ideal candidate for the topic of today’s podcast: insertion loss.
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- Clarifying terms: a quick overview of Microstrips vs Striplines
- Exploring laminates, multilayered circuits, and plated through-holes
- Applying electromagnetic fields: a prerequisite for understanding insertion loss
- The four components of insertion loss
- RO4350B™; a friend to all fabricators?
- Pros and Cons of electroless nickel immersion gold (ENIG)
- John’s advice to design engineers on modeling for ENIG’s performance range
- Navigating the relationship between solder masks and insertion loss
- A call to viewers and listeners: Got a copper-related topic you’d like to hear John and Judy discuss? Submit your requests!
Links and Resources:
John Coonrod on Linkedin
Rogers Corporation Website (Advanced Connectivity Solutions)
Rogers Technology Hub
(Includes Coonrod’s corner videos, data sheets, calculators and more)
Autonomous driving Resource Page (Guides, Videos and Material selection)
Rogers 5G Resource Page
Rogers ACS YouTube Channel
ROG Mobile App (Resources accessible from your smartphone or tablet)
White Paper High Performance PCBs: Judy Warner, Chris Savalia, Michael Ingham
Now you can get the ultimate PCB design productivity with the easiest platform for PCB design. Easily communicate design changes to your team with Altium 365.