IPC CEO John Mitchell on the Impact of COVID-19 on the Electronics Supply Chain
A $2 trillion coronavirus relief bill was signed into law on Wednesday, March 25th. The bill will, among other things, send money directly to American citizens, small businesses, and troubled corporations, all of which have been greatly affected by COVID-19 and the resulting lockdowns.
In this podcast, Dr. John Mitchell, president and CEO of the IPC trade association, discusses the effects of the SARS-CoV-2 crisis on the electronics industry, enumerates the IPC’s efforts at mitigating those effects around the world, and elaborates on IPC’s Roadmap to Economic Recovery.
The IPC has been helping the electronics industry navigate dramatic changes since 1957. Here, Dr. Mitchell demonstrates why the current coronavirus pandemic is no different.
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
- Dr. John Mitchell provides a brief description of the trade association known as IPC, and elaborates on its role in ensuring the collective success of the electronics industry as a whole, both in the past and during the current COVID-19 crisis.
- IPC’s relationships with world governments, and its advocacy efforts since the advent of the COVID-19 epidemic.
- John delivers some encouraging news out of China.
- Manufacturers have stepped up to address the pressing need for ventilators and masks: how IPC works with government to direct those efforts.
- Coronavirus, the $2 trillion stimulus package, and IPC’s Roadmap to Economic Recovery.
- Have manufacturing jobs returned to the U.S.? How recent U.S. tariff restrictions have affected the electronics industry and the world.
- Your work is essential: Shelter-in-Place orders and IPC’s response.
- A quick rundown of IPC’s ‘COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Economic Impact on Electronics Manufacturing Industry Webinar’.
- Online ‘Live Training’ and the advent of virtual-proctoring: John reveals how COVID-19 is affecting IPC’s online education and training, and what the organization has done to adapt.
- How the shutdown has hastened progression toward industry standards.
Links and Resources:
See What's New in Altium Designer