Weekly Digest: Protect Vias, Microvias and More
We’re bringing the top industry voices together to provide you with PCB design insights you can't find anywhere else. This week listen to Gerry Partida on the OnTrack Podcast, and review content from Happy Holden, Lee Ritchey and more on the Altium PCB Design blog. Learn about via protection, microvia manufacturing processes, and more in the content below.
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
This week on the OnTrack Podcast, Gerry Partida, Director of Engineering at Summit Interconnect Technologies shared his industry expertise on IPC 4761 and answered the question - Why Protect Vias? Listen in to learn about the seven existing methods of via protection and learn why this is so important.
You can also listen to the podcast and catch up on previous episodes on any of your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
PCB Industry Expert Series on the PCB Design Blog
Check out the new content on the blog this week:
- Introduction to Printed Circuit Fabrication for the PCB - by Lee Ritchey
- Noise Transfer is Annoying, Learn How to Contain Crosstalk - by Lee Ritchey
- Get to Know Microvia Manufacturing Processes and HDI substrates - by Happy Holden
- PCB Design Rules for Analog Circuits
- Optimizing Electronic Product Documentation for Assembly and Manufacturing
- What You Need to Know About Choosing Embedded Modems for IoT
Sign up now for one of the Live webinars listed below.
- Altium Designer® 19 Draftsman® Improvements - March 26th
- The Art Of Defining The Layer Stack For A Multi-layer High-Speed PCB - March 28th
You can also sign up for live and on-demand webinars across all regions and languages here.
Altium Videos on YouTube
New this week on the Altium Youtube Channel, watch the latest OnTrack Whiteboard video.
New this week in the Altium Youtube Channel, new How-to videos to help you take your Altium projects to the next level:
- How To Describe The Flex and Rigid Regions of Your PCB Drawing in
- How to Set Up and Use Microvias in Your Design
- How to Add Existing Designs to a Multi-board Project
Remember to subscribe because then you will receive notifications when there are new videos on Youtube!
New Altium Industry Expert Series - Call for Writers!
If you or someone you know has the expertise to contribute, please reach out and let us know. We would be delighted to connect and thank you in advance for your time.
Sign up and try Altium 19 today.