Homegrown PCB Professionals, BOM Management and Subject Matter Expertise - September 2018
Highlighting Multi-Generational Technologists
Over the past year, I’ve noticed a subtle trend in the designers and technologists we’ve interviewed for this newsletter. Have you noticed it? There have been a number of times people cited their parents as the ones who inspired them to pursue an electronics career. (Think...Rick Hartley, Nicole Creeden, Bill Brooks, Charles Pfeil, Mary Elizabeth McCulloch, etc.). This is especially true at Royal Circuit Solutions, which is located just north of Silicon Valley. Read on to learn about Mihir Shah, a second generation board fabricator and EE, and how his dad inspired his sons as well as built a business that nurtures many father-son PCB experts.
The Altium OnTrack Podcast: Featuring PCB Designers, EEs and Supply Chain Subject Matter Experts.
Manage Your Components and BOM
Vince Mazur steps up to the whiteboard to untangle some of the complexities of managing your components and BOM.
Tips, Tricks and Training
- Altium Webinar Library--Learning at the speed of a click
- From Octopart®: How We Used Machine Learning to Categorize Parts
- Instructions are Easy When You Write Them: The PCB Assembly Drawing
- Understanding Solder Bridge Shorts: Bake Your Cookie and Eat It Too
- Old Wisdom: Best Schematic Software Simplifies Schematic to PCB Synchronizing
- Finding the Perfect World for Multilayer PCB Design