Weekly Digest: Design Data Management
Dive deep into design data management this week with expert articles and VP of Marketing Lawrence Romine on the OnTrack Podcast. Learn all about the modern, streamlined experience that Concord Pro offers and the performance enhancements in Altium Designer 19.1 in this discussion between Romine and Judy Warner. New this week we also have Mark Harris, creator of the Celestial Database library, joining on as expert contributor to share his wisdom and experience. John Watson shares more about Data Management and Cherie Litson has contributed a comprehensive list of ways to approach building a clean and consistent PCB data library. For an inspirational story, read about award-winning student Piotr Lazarek who shares his idea and inspiration behind an autonomous device that is changing the way soil conditions are monitored.
Articles from PCB Design Experts
Read the latest articles published this week by experts in the field:
- IPv6 and the Internet of Things - by Mark Harris
- Why PCB Data Management is Important - by John Watson
- PCB Designers Motivated by Data Quality - by John Watson
- How to Build a Clean and Consistent PCB Data Library - by Cherie Litson
- Budgetary Quote Early in the Design Process - by Tara Dunn
- PDS Design For Ultra Low Power Implementations - by Kella Knack
- Benchmarking Practices and Process for PCB Designers - by Happy Holden
- Clearing Up Trace Impedance Calculators and Equations - by Zach Peterson
- Passive Intermodulation in PCBs for 5G Systems - by Zach Peterson
- Culture Shock: Agile and Individual Engineering Accountability - by Chad Jackson
- Autonomous Device for the Preventive Measurement of Soil Condition - by Piotr Lazarek
For those who enjoy a little weekend reading, there’s never a shortage of informative articles on the PCB Design Blog. Click to explore and while you’re there please leave a comment with any questions or feedback.
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
The OnTrack Podcast dissects relevant topics and issues for pcb designers from schematic capture all the way to the manufacturing floor. On the design side, everyone has a need for a reliable library and component management tool. Learn about Concord Pro from Altium’s VP of Marketing Lawrence Romine in this episode of the OnTrack Podcast.
Did you miss last week’s episode? Find out what was covered with guest John Coonrod in these quick Youtube clips:
- John Coonrod on Unaccounted for Circuit Influences on Dk
- What's Driving Millimeter Wave Technology?
- Are We Reaching the Limits of Printed Board Manufacturing?
- John Coonrod on Enabling Technologies Coming Down the Pike
The OnTrack Podcast brings you tips, information and guidance from industry leaders such as John Watson, Lee Ritchey, Rick Hartley, Eric Bogatin and more. You can listen to or watch the podcast on all your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
Altium Videos on YouTube
Stop by the Altium or Altium Designer Youtube Channels and keep up to date with videos and clips to help you in your PCB design career. While you’re there, please remember to subscribe!
New videos on the Altium Youtube Channel:
- John Mitchell on IPC Online Education
- Christopher Calvi on Compliance Documentation and Regulations
- Christopher Calvi on Octopart's Vision
- Chris Hunrath on Reducing Inplane Inductance
- Why Hybrid Construction is the Gourmet Cooking of Board Design
Lets Get Social on Altium Instagram - Follow Us
Have you seen the Altium Instagram account? Follow us to see the latest clips from the podcast, tips on how to use Altium Designer and more. Send us a DM or tag us if you have something to share related to electronics engineering.
If you’ve got burning questions, let us know, and remember to tag us on social media if you’d like to share your projects!