Weekly Digest: Is that a Lucky Board or Did You Just Switch to Altium Designer?
Are you switching from OrCAD, PADs or Eagle to Altium Designer®? Lucky you! Click on the links for helpful resources, or keep reading to see everything we published this week. We have content from Happy Holden and other industry experts on the Altium PCB Design blog this week. We’re bringing the top industry voices together to provide you with Expert News at design time.
PCB Industry Expert Series on the PCB Design Blog
This week we highlighted a special industry organization, the SMTA in the article: Dedicated to Electronics? Join the SMTA. We also have a new Industry Expert Series on the PCB Design Blog because there's no lucky board designers, just well prepared ones! So we’ve collaborated with industry experts to bring you the best information in PCB design.
Check out the new content on the blog this week:
- Printed Electronics a Technology of the Past and Future - by Happy Holden
- 11 HDI Materials You Need to Know - by Happy Holden
- Build Your Own Patch Antenna for Your Next PCB - by Zach Peterson
- Should I Make, Find, or Download My PCB Symbols and Footprints? - by Dave Young
- Power Integrity Analysis for Your Power Delivery Network - by Zach Peterson
- Accessing Board Designs Downstream - by Chad Jackson
Just in case you’re new to the Series, review some Flex and HDI favorites from previous weeks:
- Coverlay Type Driven by Installation and End Use Requirements - by Tara Dunn
- Flexible Circuit Base Materials - by Tara Dunn
- Competition for HDI: VeCS - by Happy Holden
- Introduction to High-Density Interconnects and the Evolution of Electronics - by Happy Holden
Altium Designer Webinars
Sign up now for one of the new Live webinars listed below. You can also sign up for live and on-demand webinars across all regions and languages here.
New webinars to sign up for this month:
- How To Increase Design Productivity With The Interactive Properties Panel - March 19th
- Altium Designer® 19 Live Webinar - March 20th
- New Experiences Of Part And Component Search - March 21st
- Altium ® 19 Draftsman® Improvements - March 26th
- The Art Of Defining The Layer Stack For A Multi-layer High-Speed PCB - March 28th
Altium Videos on YouTube
New this week on the Altium Youtube Channel, watch Eric Bogatin talk about Connecting Electromagnetic Field Science To Circuit Theory. Click here to watch and remember to subscribe! New this week in the Altium Youtube Channel, we’ve released some great How-to videos:
- How To Customize a Sheet Template
- How-To Show The Topology of Your Board on Your Assembly View
- How to Set Up Custom Grouping in Components Panel (Altium Tips)
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
Last week on the OnTrack Podcast, Judy Warner and Tyler Mincey discussed the unique, hybrid venture that is part venture capitalist and part engineering team. Next week we’ll have a deep dive into a special topic raised by one of our listeners. You can also listen to the podcast and catch up on previous episodes on any of your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
New Altium Instagram - Follow Us!
This week we signed up for an Altium Instagram account, and we’ve been scrolling ever since. All the #AltiumDesigner and #Altium hashtags are making us feel right at home! Keep ‘em coming and let’s be friends!
If you have something you’d like to contribute please reach out and let us know; we’re delighted to connect and thank you in advance for your time.