Weekly Digest: New Content from Altium
In this article, we’ve collected everything published this week to share learning opportunities and insights for our users and followers. Those of you who know Altium, know that you can count on us to provide resources for growth and development in the PCB Design industry. Those of you who are new to our resources - welcome! Get ready to expand your knowledge.
AltiumLive Munich brought together experts from different industries and it was a week packed with information and insights. Now you can see all the AltiumLive Munich Keynotes at the Altium Resource Hub, check it out:
- Alun Morgan Industry Keynote: PCB Base Material Properties and Developments
- Dan Beeker Industry Keynote: Electromagnetic Fields for Normal Folks
- Thomas Wischnack Industry Keynote: Troubleshooting Your Designs
- Max Seeley Industry Keynote: PCB Layout Starts in the Schematics
To see all the keynotes and presentations from the previous event, AltiumLive San Diego, you can always look here.
Articles on the PCB Design Blog
This week you can read all about component selection to start your PCB pipelining, designing any type of multi-board system, DDR layout tips and what it’s like working with the best design tools in a unified design environment. Click to read new articles on the Altium Blog:
- Pipelining Your Design File Process Component Selection
- Multi-board PCB Systems Design
- Keep Track of Your Components with Electronic component database software
- DDR Layout Tips to Maximize Signal Integrity of Complex Memory Devices
- Easy as Pie: Why Altium Designer® is the Ultimate PCB Design Software
For the avid reader there’s never a shortage of deeply informative materials on our PCB Design Blog.
Altium Videos on YouTube
Stop by the Altium or Altium Youtube Channels and keep up to date with videos and clips to help you in your PCB design career. While you’re there, please remember to subscribe!
New this week in the Altium Youtube Channel:
- How To Keep Components Connected When Moving
- How To Show Additional Mechanical Layers on Your Draftsman® Fabrication View
New this week on the Altium Youtube Channel:
- John Watson on The Next Big Thing
- John Watson on Available Resources to Keep up to date
- John Watson's Component Shortage Hacks
- Multiboard improvements in Altium 19
- High Speed Design Enablers in Altium 19
- What are the Routing Improvements in Altium 19?
- Innovation in PCB Design
- How Do You Design Printed Electronics?
- Altium 19 and New Materials for PCB Design
- How to Engage with IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
On the OnTrack Podcast listen to Judy dissect relevant topics and issues from schematic capture all the way to the manufacturing floor. The OnTrack Podcast brings you tips, information and guidance from industry leaders such as John Watson, Chris Hunrath, Lee Ritchey, Rick Hartley, Eric Bogatin and more. In the current podcast John and Judy discuss the electronic components shortages that are now plaguing many of us in the industry.
You can listen to or watch the podcast on all your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and many more.
Make Time for your Personal and Career Development
As Stephan Chavez recently said on one of our OnTrack Podcasts: Get Involved, be a difference maker! Next week is IPC APEX where PCB design professionals gather to see the latest in manufacturing technologies. Did you know they also meet to discuss standards? Learn more about the conference here.