Never Lose Track of Fabrication With Unified PCB Panelization Software
Table of Contents
Once you’re ready to manufacture your PCB, your software should help you maximize your board yield. Altium Designer gives you the power to design your PCB schematics, layout your board, generate your BOM, panelize your boards, and export Gerber files, all in a single software package.
An easy-to-use PCB design tool that helps you take your ideas from layout to manufacturing.
Let’s set the scene: you’ve just finished designing the PCB for your groundbreaking new device. Now you are ready to move to the next stage: manufacturing. It’s time to give your manufacturer all the information they need to produce your board. This means panelizing your board, generating a bill of materials, producing a CAM design for your panels, and exporting Gerber files. Forget moving between multiple programs, your PCB design software should already have all the tools you need. With Altium Designer, you’ll work within a unified design environment. Everything you need to start producing a finished product is contained within a single software package.
Figuring out panel size and laying out fiducials can be paramount for identifying your board outline in PCB layout. A fab house certainly doesn’t want to have to work to read any information from their PCB designers. Traces, array size, components, edge clearance, and assembly instructions should all be clear as day.
When your design software is separate from your bill of materials and panelization software, you lose time switching between programs. Moving your design between programs leaves open the possibility of errors as your layout is imported into your panelization software. If you need to make changes to your design before finalizing it for manufacturing, passing updates between different programs require time. You need your tools to work together in a unified design environment: you need Altium Designer.
Taking your design from schematic to product is a long process. When your design, panelization, and bill of materials tools work together in a unified design environment, your journey from idea to final product will be a breeze. Altium Designer builds all the documentation, CAD formats, and CAM files required by your manufacturer.
- The embedded board array feature in Altium Designer helps you panelize your boards for manufacturing. Learn more about the embedded board array feature.
- The top-notch CAD tools in Altium designer help you layout and design your device in its entirety. Altium Designer will quickly layout and panelized your boards. Learn more about Altium’s CAD tools for layout and panelization.
- The enhanced panelization interface ensures that you can prepare your design for manufacturing the right way. Learn more about the enhanced panelization interface.
2 x 2 board array that references a single PCB
Working through array size or necessary components for your multi-board panelization requires a savvy PCB editor capable of illustrating the information you need. Don’t let your PCB layout fall through to a mishap in PCB manufacture or assembly, enable your fabrication to happen, and keep your circuit kicking.
Multi-board panelization is critical when planning the manufacturing of complex electronic devices. An intuitive interface makes panelization for multiple boards simple. Altium Designer can verify that multiple boards in your stackup will be compatible. Rather than optimize board placement in your panels by hand, Altium Designer can help you determine the best board arrangement. You can also define your manufacturer’s tooling constraints when planning for panelization.
Altium Designer contains all the tools required to breathe life into your designs. Panelization is a breeze, including multi-board panelization, and your board arrangement can be optimized so that you get the highest possible yield. You can specify your manufacturer’s tooling constraints during panelization and optimization.
- With Altium Designer, you can arrange different boards in your panels, define separating procedures, and optimize your panel arrangement and get the most bang for your buck. Learn more about multi-board panelization in Altium Designer.
- Altium Designer makes defining your layer stack simple. You can verify your layer stacks are compatible and resolve any issues automatically. Learn more about layer stack compatibility in Altium Designer.
- The built-in CAM editor in Altium Designer lets you prepare your panelized boards for manufacturing. Learn more about defining board separation steps during panelization.
CAM panelization arrangement
Moving your finished design to the manufacturing stage is about more than just panelization. Whether it’s accurately conveying panel size and array size information, or simply illustrating edge and components clearly, your PCB manufacture process will need accurate details. Circuit assembly, after all, can be a painstakingly thorough process. Your manufacturer will require more than just a bill of materials.
You’ll need to provide a panelized CAM layout and exported Gerber files, all delivered in a standard format. Altium Designer includes all these industry-standard tools and many more. You can generate these required documents within a single software package, which saves you time and helps prevent errors.
Altium Will Be There to Guide You Towards the Finish Line
If you’re new to finalizing a PCB for manufacturing, your tools should be intuitive and should work together to maximize your productivity. Whether you need help with panelization, moving to manufacturing, or just help to learn new design features, Altium Designer gives you the resources you need to be successful. Altium knows that their success depends on your success.
- You can customize your Gerber file output files with Altium Designer’s easy-to-use interface. Learn more about building your Gerber files.
- Once it comes time to send your design to your manufacturer, the extensive component libraries in Altium Designer make compiling your bill of materials seamless. Learn more about compiling your bill of materials.
- The built-in CAM editor in Altium Designer lets you prepare your panelized boards for manufacturing. Learn more about the CAM editor in Altium Designer.
You won't find another PCB design software package like Altium Designer. You’ll have the seamless capability to move between design aspects, allowing you to spend more time on what you love and less time jumping between programs. The panelization, Gerber file export, bill of materials, and CAM editor tools in Altium Designer will help you move on to manufacturing successfully.