Troubleshooting EMC from Your Workbench
Listen to the Podcast:
Watch the video:
EMC expert Ken Wyatt joins us in this episode to answer frequently asked EMC questions—a sneak peak to his EMC Book Series.
- EMC book series: Volume I: Create your own EMC Troubleshooting Kit
- What inspired you to write this book and why is this information important to your clients?
- Will you share some examples of common “blindspots” you observe with your design engineering clients relative to EMC?
- Can you share a few specific use cases?
- Volume II: Radiated and Conducted Emissions book will soon be published. What can readers expect to learn in this latest release?
- If you could share 1-2 tips for our listeners about radiated and conducted emissions, what would they be?
- Where can listeners find this book?
- Volume III: Immunity Testing
- What is Immunity Testing and why is it important?
- What are your plans for publication for this book?
- Will you come back again when volume 3 comes out?
- Wrap up.
Links and Resources:
Checklist for Systematically Testing PCB Prototypes During my teenage years, I spent fifteen whole minutes perfecting my hairstyle before walking out of the house. Looking back, I’m pretty sure the mirror was tired of my vanity. These days, I walk to work without putting a single drop of gel on my hair. My unkempt appearance sometimes amuses strangers but my close friends know that I’m just being myself. Although I no longer obsess over my physical appearance, my perfectionist attitude comes into Read Article
Using ORCAD Hierarchical Schematic Design to Stay Organized and Synchronized New Altium Designer® users may not fully understand the benefits of organizing schematic sheets into a hierarchical top-down or bottom-up perspective. Read on to learn how to keep your hierarchical design project organized and synchronized with circuit schematic hierarchies. New Altium users may not fully understand the benefits of organizing schematic sheets into a hierarchical top-down or bottom-up perspective designs. As a result, users often Read Article
Showcase Your Designs and Win We’re giving away free licenses, official Altium-branded merch and more to engineers, students, makers, and hobbyists just like you. Create and submit a short video that can showcase your past, current, or even an all-new creation designed using Altium for a chance to win prizes and be featured on the Altium Stories YouTube channel. Prizes Top 5 Videos Free Altium Designer License on Altium 365 with Concord Pro Official Altium T-shirt Shoutout on Read Article
Use Supply Chain Tools in Altium Designer When You Need a PCB Assembly Cost Calculator Anytime you need to prepare a new design and plan a production run, it’s important to work up an estimate for design, PCB fabrication, assembly, shipping, components, and any other portions of a project. There is a lot that goes into any project and it needs to be planned out early in order to prevent cost overruns. Some designers looking for manufacturing services and component prices might be tempted to use an online calculator, but this is Read Article