Weekly Digest: John Coonrad and PCB Industry Experts
This week topics explored on the PCB Design Blog include common routing topologies for memory applications, power delivery systems design, and successful electronics assembly. Read on for this exclusive information from PCB Industry Experts and find all the articles and videos we’ve published this week in one convenient location. If you’ve got burning questions, let us know, and remember to tag us on social media if you’d like to share your projects!
New Articles from PCB Design Experts
For those who enjoy a little reading, there’s never a shortage of informative articles on the PCB Design Blog. Click to read new articles and while you’re there please leave a comment with questions or feedback.
- What is PCB data management? - by John Watson
- Meshing Design with Assembly - by Barbara Kanegsberg
- The Art of Selecting Connectors - by Dave Young
- DFSI: Stripline Differential Impedance Calculation Made Easy - by Jason Ellison
- Implications of Embedded Software Everywhere - by Chad Jackson
- Power Play—Successfully Designing Power Delivery Systems - by Kella Knack
- The Essential Tools You Need for PCB Design - by Zach Peterson
- Standard Board Thickness and Your Layer Stack - by Zach Peterson
- Routing Topologies for Computer Peripherals and Memories - by Zach Peterson
- Calculating Series Termination Resistance Values in Altium Designer - by Zach Peterson
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
In the current podcast, Judy Warner and John Coonrod from Rogers Corporation discuss applications for millimeter wave frequencies in the evolving chip industry, pervasive misunderstandings in design engineering not taught in training institutions, emerging technologies in circuit fabrication and more.
Don’t have time to listen to the entire podcast? Check out these highlights from the episode:
- John Coonrod on His Role and Background
- What is Dielectric Constant or Dk?
- What is the Difference between Design Dk and Process Dk?
- John Coonrod's Tip for Datasheet Comparison
- What Are Some Different Test Methods to Determine Dk?
- John Coonrod on Dk and Millimeter Wave Technology
- Common Errors Related to Dk
The OnTrack Podcast dissects relevant topics and issues for pcb designers from schematic capture all the way to the manufacturing floor. The OnTrack Podcast brings you tips, information and guidance from industry leaders such as John Watson, Lee Ritchey, Rick Hartley, Eric Bogatin and more. You can listen to or watch the podcast on all your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
Altium Videos on YouTube
Stop by the Altium or Altium Designer Youtube Channels and keep up to date with videos and clips to help you in your PCB design career. While you’re there, please remember to subscribe!
New videos on the Altium Youtube Channel:
- What is Concurrent Engineering?
- PCB Prototypes: There's No Such Thing as a Quick and Dirty
- If the Vias in the Pad its Got to Be Filled (PCB Assembly Tips)
- Prototypes and Processes in Circuit Board Fabrication
- Dan Beeker's Advice to Today's Designers
Learn about Octopart in these Podcast Clips from the episode featuring Chris Calvi:
- Christopher Calvi on Transparent Part Data
- What is Octopart's API?
- Christopher Calvi on Octopart and His Background
- Why is Octopart Free?
- How Octopart Can Help Designers
Lets Get Social on Altium Instagram - Follow Us
Have you seen the Altium Instagram account? Follow us to see the latest clips from the podcast, tips on how to use Altium Designer and more. Send us a DM or tag us if you have something to share related to electronics engineering.