Weekly Digest: New Altium Updates
Welcome to the weekly digest where all the Altium articles, videos, podcast clips and more are shared each week. On the podcast this week, get inspired by this success story - Greg Papandrew discusses his new company, Better Board Buying. We also have several articles from PCB experts detailing the benefits and requirements for good design management and design for modern mobile environments. Just can’t get enough about Altium? Tryout our latest Altium Design product, Concord, read about the latest release or if you’re new to Altium Designer, drop your design files in the Altium Viewer for a quick look inside.
Articles from PCB Design Experts
Read the latest articles published this week by experts in the field:
- 500 Assembled Boards and All of Them Unusable - by Vince Mazur
- PCB FR-4 Materials Are Not All The Same - by Kella Knack
- Hardware and Software Co-Exist Due to Model-Based Software Development - by Chad Jackson
- Top Issues in PCB Data Management Systems and Processes - by John Watson
- Warning Signs You Need PCB Data Management - by John Watson
- Phased Array Antenna Design for 5G Applications - by Zach Peterson
- 5G Antenna Tuning in Mobile and IoT Devices - by Zach Peterson
- Effective Integrated PCB Library Management with Altium Designer - by Zach Peterson
- Meeting EMI/EMC Standards in Your PCB Designs - by Zach Peterson
- Designing Your PCB for a Boundary Scan Test - by Zach Peterson
The OnTrack Podcast with Judy Warner
This week, Judy Warnerdiscusses the need for better boards with Greg Papandrew from Better Board Buying. We learn how his company helps designers to find the right board shop and how doing so will improve their products. We also discuss how the industry has changed over the past two decades and gain insights on how we can improve ourselves for a better tomorrow. Listen, watch or read here and explore more about the show in detail.
Not sure if you have time for this week’s episode? Find out what we covered with guest Greg Papandrew in these quick Youtube clips:
- Greg Papandrew Shares a Real Life Cost Cutting Example
- Greg Papandrew on His Involvement With the Scouts
- Greg Papandrew on His Background and the Buyers of Today
- Greg Papandrew on the Need to Train Buyers
- Greg Papandrew on Better Board Buying
- Greg Papandrew on the Importance of Good Customer Service
- Greg Papandrew on the Services Better Board Buying Offers
- Greg Papandrew on Engineers Driving the Buying Process
- Why You Need to Ask the Questions
- What Things in a Board Can Contribute to Sticker Shock?
The OnTrack Podcast brings you tips, information and guidance from industry leaders such as John Watson, Lee Ritchey, Rick Hartley, Eric Bogatin and more. You can listen to or watch the podcast on all your favorite podcast apps including Podbean, iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, TuneIn, Youtube, PlayerFM and if you can’t find us, let us know!
Altium Videos on YouTube
Stop by the Altium or Altium Designer Youtube Channels and keep up to date with videos and clips to help you in your PCB design career. While you’re there, please remember to subscribe!
New videos on the Altium Youtube Channel:
- Charles Pfeil on AI
- Electronic Component Lifecycle and Parts Obsolescence
- Jeremy Blum's Early Memories and What is Shaper?
- Tara Dunn on Flex Cost Drivers and Costs of a Flex Case Study
- Tara and Judy on how they ended up in PCB
- Tara Dunn on the FlexFactor Program
- Chris Hunrath on Insulectro
- Chris Hunrath on How He Got Started
- Chris Hunrath on Prepregs and Working With the Customer
Lets Get Social on Altium Instagram - Follow Us
Have you seen the Altium Instagram account? Follow us to see the latest clips from the podcast, tips on how to use Altium Designer and more. Send us a DM or tag us if you have something to share related to electronics engineering.
If you’ve got burning questions, let us know, and remember to tag us on social media if you’d like to share your projects!